Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Good Day In Nashville

July 07, 2009
Nashville, TN

Today.... was a great day. It started with a meeting with a Nashville publisher I have started working with. They are "pitching" my Chief Greenbud songs to the "movie and tv" music directors. Well, I had a meeting today to play them some of my "non-Chief Greenbud" songs and after I played this one song... she said "I am going to RUN... not WALK over to "big star's name". I think she liked it. :D

I was pretty pumped after the meeting so I decided to treated myself to a "Fat Mo's" burger. http://www.fatmos.com/ (for anyone curious). And a picture. (no, I didn't eat one of these, I just had the regular ole 1/4 pounder). (I did not get the fries or the Pepsi... I just got bottled water as to conserve on caloric intake for the day!! (I get fries ever 4th time I eat fast food.... and I get them without salt... so they are hot and fresh... then I ask for a bunch of those little packages of salt!! :D

After gorging on that huge burger, it was back to the house to get ready for a songwriting appointment. (I am trying not to name drop here, but he has had many songs that he has written recorded by Alison Krauss as well as Alan Jackson and many other artists) How was that for NOT namedropping?? hahaha.... He came over... we sat around swapping songs... messing around with some pieces of songs we had both be working on... and I brought up the song "the drug bust" that I have been trying to finish up for... oh... about the last year... (I played the chorus at the Global Marijuana Music Awards in Austin, Texas last September after I had written it but was stuck on where to go (because I think the chorus really says it all)... Well, after a few minutes talking about it with him, lyrics started to pour... after we solidified the first 2 verses we added the lift... and viola, a new song is born!! I really dig it. I am pretty sure it will be on "Chief Greenbud Vol. 3". I can't wait for this weekend's gig here in Nashville at the Mini Juggelo Gathering. I think I am going to play "The Drug Bust"... I am sure a lot of the folks that will be at the gathering will be able to relate to this one.

Dinner was subway... foot long... on white... cold cut combo... w/ lettuce, tomato, onions and as many banana pepper ring things as that guy could fit on there. (I didn't get any mayo or stuff like that... extra calories... who really needs em)...

This evening, after playing a quick couple maps on Call of Duty, I flipped through the TV to see that there were Tributes to Michael Jackson on ALL 3 MAJOR NETWORKS !!! I don't know what to think about his personal life... but he was one hell of an entertainer...

And now... I myspace and facebook and blogger and twitter and....

I heard a comedian say... something to the effect of ... "I am going to be a member of "sitonmyfacebook.com"... haha okay... I thought it was funny...

- Chief Greenbud